Specialty Leasing Manager
PRIMESTOR DEVELOPMENT, INC
SPECIALTY LEASING MANAGER
COMPANY: We are an exciting, dynamic and creative Los Angeles based shopping center developer and property manager. We are seeking an experienced Specialty Leasing Manager to join our growing team.
- Create a strategic plan for the Specialty Leasing Program for “A” level properties
- Identify concepts for the program that complement the in-line retail program.
- Directly source, negotiate and close new deals at a fast pace
- Develop and manage to budgets for income and occupancy.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the program to maintain quality and consistently maximize income opportunities.
- Work cooperatively and closely with property operations and permanent leasing teams
- Canvas region to identify new Specialty Leasing opportunities to develop retail operations and concepts for property and funnel useful contacts and ideas to permanent leasing team
- Actively canvasses other malls, trade shows, fairs, festivals and strip centers for temporary tenant leads
- Negotiate terms for Specialty Leasing deals that meet and or exceed projected income budget.
- Negotiates, generates and enforces provisions of the license agreement.
- Monitor Specialty Leasing merchants to track and enhance their performance or eliminate problems.
- Develop relationships with temporary tenants to encourage repeat business and referrals
- Identify start-up entrepreneurs and incubate them into the Specialty Leasing program.
- Monitor the market to stay abreast of trends, marketing and promotions.
- Develop, implement and manage the Specialty Leasing Plan and budget.
- Support and work closely with property managers
- Manage the Specialty Leasing program to ensure that all operational guidelines are met.
- Communicates with tenant coordinator regarding requests to repair/improve in-line tenant spaces.
- Coordinates temporary tenant move-in and move-out with staff, maintenance, and security.
- Ensure that the Specialty Leasing program operates at a high level.
- Ensure that all visual merchandising of the program is always at the highest level
- Ensure merchants maintain the highest standards including merchandising and financial performance.
- Writes orders and follows up on performance to coordinate RMU maintenance and repair work.
- Monitors insurance, business licenses of temporary tenants.
- Oversees and monitors temporary tenant payments and sales reports in conjunction with mall staff
- Prepare weekly updates on prospecting, retailer issues, operational issues
- Prepare comprehensive monthly specialty leasing report that includes but is not limited to prospects, rent, sales and budget to actual data.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 2 years prior experience in retail specialty or permanent leasing
- Proven track record of closing deals
- Ability to travel by automobile and air, and to work evenings, weekends, and holidays, as needed
- Excellent verbal and written communication is key
- Good computer skills including spreadsheet and database applications
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel and Word