Senior Tenant Coordinator
Please Contact: Mary Weise, Moore and Associates, Director of Recruiting – (760) 931-6607
Company Name: Confidential (Shopping Center Development & Leasing)
Region: Greater Los Angeles Area
Job Title: Senior Tenant Coordinator
Department: Tenant Services Reports To: VP of Tenant Services
The Senior Tenant Coordinator shall (1) be responsible for the complete management and coordination of all projects, at selected properties, within Properties’ portfolio, as assigned by the VP of Tenant Services, and (2) manage, and serve as a resource and mentor for associate Tenant Coordinators, as assigned by the VP of Tenant Services.
Project responsibilities shall be of a varied and complex nature including, but not limited to, the contract and construction management of anchor tenant spaces, pad sites, design-build and turn-key tenant improvement projects, storefront and canopy renovations, and other projects as initiated by the Development Department.
The Senior Tenant Coordinator shall operate as the liaison between Properties, the Tenant, and the Tenant’s architects, consultants, and contractors, throughout the planning and construction process of the assigned project.
- Responsible for “driving” the Tenant Coordination efforts of specified internal development projects to ensure that all deliveries meet the collective requirements of Landlord/Tenant design, permitting and construction, and to achieve timely, seamless, and well-constructed Lease commencements andTenant openings.
- Responsible for defining Landlord/Tenant work parameters and related construction budgets, contract negotiation, and the complete project management and reconciliation of all assigned projects.
- Spearhead, coordinate, and qualify conceptual estimates and hard bid costs for budgetary Lease purposes.
- Review, approve, and provide language contributions for Lease Contracts, Construction Addendums,and other associated Work Exhibits as necessary to define and finalize Landlord and Tenant work obligations.
- Review and approve Landlord and Tenant construction and sign drawings to ensure compliance with Lease, design, and budgetary requirements.
- Review and approve Contractor pay applications and Tenant Allowance packages.
- Responsible for the weekly reporting status of all work in progress.
- Daily interaction and extensive coordination of assigned projects with appropriate CCP departments, consultants, Tenants, and 3rd party managers.
- Provide training, oversight and management for associate Tenant Coordinators, as required, to ensure established policies and procedures are maintained, and delegated work is satisfactorily performed.
- 7 plus years of Tenant Coordination and/or Project Management experience.
- Experience with the development or redevelopment of retail properties, lifestyle and/or mixed-use shopping centers.
- Architectural/technical design experience with a solid understanding of base building systems such as plumbing, mechanical, electrical and fire life safety.
- Bachelors Degree or related Construction Management certification.
- Effective and literate written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills: (MS Office) required.
- Able to work independently with minimum direct supervision.
- Well-developed critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Goal oriented with strong work ethic and careful attention to detail.