Property Manager Position in Newport, CA
Title: Property Manager
|The principal purpose of the Property Manager is to manage the full life cycle of real estate property management, Regional/Market Long Range Planning (LRP) and implementation of policies, procedures, and programs within their assigned division. The LRP will include developing strategies to improve the ROIC for the stores within their assigned portfolios by reducing occupancy cost, improving brand image and reducing invested capital by selling identified excess property. The Property Manager will be the primary partner and liaison with operations multi-unit managers and internal REEC departments to realize year over year improvements in cost-control, quality, service, business alignment. The Property Manager will manage a portfolio that spreads across a domestic division of up to 250 locations as directed by the Director Real Estate.Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
Focusing on the Bottom Line
• Reviews and evaluates existing stores within their division for changes in local ordinances, real estate, ancillary and other such agreements affecting operations.
• Negotiates all tactical real estate agreements, either new or existing locations, in the best interest of the company and in accordance with corporate guidelines that results in positive ROI for the company.
• Maintains and controls divisional financial budget process (forecast and actual) for common area maintenance and reconciliations that reduces cost and delivers business objectives.
• Assist in developing an overall marketing and sales strategy for excess properties that will improve ROIC for the stores within their assigned portfolio/region
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Real Estate, Engineering, Architecture, or Construction or 5 years experience as a Property Manager working with multiple sites in a large retail property management firm, preferably big-box
• Certified Property Manager (CPM) or Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) designation
With fiscal year 2013 sales of $53.2 billion, Lowe’s Companies, Inc. is a FORTUNE® 100 company that serves approximately 15 million customers a week at more than 1,825 home improvement stores in the United States, Canada and Mexico. Founded in 1946 and based in Mooresville, N.C., Lowe’s is the second-largest home improvement retailer in the world. For more information, visit Lowes.com.
Lowe’s is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Interested parties can apply online for consideration via www.lowes.com/careers with job id#783798